Sunday, May 31, 2015

TRYING NOT TO SCARE THE NEWBIES

I have new neighbors.  Again.

Lately it seems like I have new neighbors about once every few weeks.  I can remember back when the demographic hardly changed at all, but this rapid turnover has caused me great distress.

You see, I like to sunbathe on my back step.

No, not naked, or anything like that.  But, at my age, short shorts and a bust-showing top might not be considered neighborly attire.  My patio is partially secluded, but it can be seen, at least parts of it, from houses next to me, houses to the far corner of me, and anyone passing by on the busy streets near my home.

For today's sunbathing, all eighty minutes of it, I decide to put down my towel right onto the patio cement foundation rather than on the elevated step.  This way, no one can see me unless they come up my walk or enter the backyard tangle of my landlord's building junk.

This works out fine while I battle ants who keep invading my space.  Well, fine, that is, until I stand up.  From my stomach, I can do a modified push-up to a plank and walk myself into a standing position.  Lying down on my back, though, means that standing up requires more effort. 

Effort that is wonderful ... until I start to pop out from my top.

Thankfully, I am below the window and street site lines, safely behind my fence, but really.  Holy hell!  I like tan lines, but that's going a little too far.  And, quite frankly, that's way more neighborly than I ever intend to be.

Summer really is busting out, in more ways than one.  I'll try to remember not to scare the newbies.