Friday, May 29, 2015

SUMMER EDGES ITS WAY

Summer edges its way forward with a bang. 

Although my neighborhood misses the two direct hits today, thunderstorms wreak havoc just north and south of here.  My friend in Methuen, the town over the river from here, reports microburst damage, claiming that patio chairs became airborne missiles, and that two trees have smashed into houses on her cul-de-sac.

If we are already toying with mini-tornadoes here in New England in May, what will July look like?  August?

Damn you, Al Gore, and your Global Warming.  Or is Al the guy who invented WhiteOut?  I can never remember.  Who cares?  I blame him.  It's all his fault.

Meanwhile, back in Methuen, my friend has leaves plastered to her house, chairs and other furniture floating in  the pool, and, folks, it's only May.

May.

With a bang.