Wednesday, May 20, 2015

ONE THOUSAND THANKS


August 24, 2012 -- This is the day that I realize I am driving around with an expired license.  This is the day when one story posted about that expired license on Facebook suddenly reappears in Cyberland and becomes my blog.

This endeavor is not my first trip to the Blog Rodeo, but it is my first public blog all my own.

I've participated in and been thrown off of local, regional, and national open-chat websites, chastised for my foul mouth, contentious attitude, and my quasi-radical political and moral views.  I once caused an international incident simply for posting Senor Ed the Asshat.  I participated in several (and started my own) literary blogs through higher education, which is pretty impressive considering my low-brow writing style.

Why am I telling you this?  Why should you care?

Today is post #1,000 on this blog.

Yup.  I have written and published a blog post here every single day since August 24, 2012, which was 999 days ago.  Including this little darling, I have now posted my blog in sickness and in health, at home or on the road, faithfully every single day for one thousand days in a row.

So... Do you want to know why I'm telling you this?  Do you want to know why you should care?

It's because I want to THANK YOU for making this all worthwhile.  Not only are you all the best audience, you're also quite often the best fodder.  So, for that, thank you a thousand times over.

"I'll call for pen and ink and write my mind."  (William Shakespeare)