Saturday, May 9, 2015

GRADUATION DAY



My youngest is graduating from college today.  This fact alone is not the tough part. 

The graduation ceremony starts at 9:00 a.m., and he has to be there at 8:00 a.m.  That’s the tough part.

I spend all afternoon Friday getting ready for a possible houseful of visitors.  Well, maybe not exactly a “houseful,” but anything over five in this skinny townhouse equals a houseful amount.  The house is as clean as it’s getting, which means it’s a little dusty and a lot pollen-y.  Deal with it.  I made food, baked a cake, and swept all the green, pollen-coated crap out of the driveway and off of the walk.  I even washed the bathroom hand towel again so it would be fresh.

Either way, by the time many of you read this, I will be deep into the crush of humanity trying to stuff itself into the arena.  Hopefully, I’ll find a place to park that isn’t connected with the venue (lest I want to be stuck in the parking garage for hours), and hopefully I won’t get lost going in or coming home.  I used to know many ways in and out of Queen City; not so much any more.

Here’s to another graduation.  I am quite proud to admit that I’m getting rather good at this.  Congrats, Kiddo.