Thursday, March 19, 2015

TEA FOR EVERYONE .. OR NOT

I've got to be honest with you, and, lord knows I am as honest as a short day is long -- For today's blog I start to tell the story of my trip to New York state, but even the tale of my departure is too long to try and write without some recovery time.

Oh, sure, there will be a couple of people who will pop heads into my classroom and make such comments as, "Sucky blog today ... bitch."  It's okay, we are all swear-slinging pals and I expect nothing less - they keep me real.  I need some downtime, though.  That's not a lie, I swear it.

So, for today's blog, some interesting facts about today, March 19th.

1628 - Massachusetts colony founded by Englishmen.  Tea for everyone, which isn't many since barely anyone survives the fucking New England winter.

1687 - French explorer La Salle is murdered by his own men while searching for the mouth of the Mississippi River in the Gulf of Mexico.  And you think your boss is an asshole?

1822 - City of Boston is incorporated.  Tea for everyone ... oh, wait.  We dumped that shit in the harbor decades ago.

1831 - First American bank robbery is reported when $245,000 is stolen from The City Bank of New York City.  Citibank has been ripping people off to make up for the loss ever since.

1905 - French explorer de Segonzac is taken prisoner by Moroccans.  What in the hell is wrong with these French guys?  Look, don't be a French prick.  Simple enough.

1931 - The state of Nevada legalizes gambling.  Need I say more?

1994 - The largest omelet in history is made in Japan using 160,000 eggs.  Hens all over the world squeeze their chicken thighs together and refuse to lay eggs until they get the answer to the question "Which did come first ... the chicken or the egg?".  Japan realizes they have no bacon for their giamundo omelet.  Epic fail.

And, probably the most important fact for today:

1964 - Sean Connery begins shooting his role as James "007" Bond in Goldfinger.  Estrogen levels across the world will never return to normal limits.