Saturday, March 7, 2015

FLAKES, BE GONE!

Of course the most recent snowstorm misses us.

Oh, sure, it whacks the hell out of the South Shore, which is only about thirty miles south of here.  An hour or two's drive away on Cape Cod, the snow drops about a foot all over the stuff that's already on the ground. Up here on the North Shore?  Nothing.  Slight flakes for a nanosecond.

Would you like to know why it doesn't snow here today, why it may not snow again for months?

When I arrive home this afternoon a brown box sits on my front stoop.  It contains my brand new, correctly ordered/packaged/delivered snowshoes and poles.

Folks, fear not.  The melting will begin, and it will be rapid and complete.  Karma deems it that once I am truly ready for winter, winter will no longer be truly ready for me.

Yup.  By the way, you're welcome.