Thursday, October 16, 2014

SUMMER BE GONE



Remind me of this moment when I complain about being freezing cold in the winter.  Are you ready?  Here it comes:

I am sick and quite tired of being sweaty from the warm temperatures.

I am stuck inside an un-airconditioned building every day during the week.  Pre-teens don’t always use deodorant … or bathe.  The windows get full sun all day (not that I mind after so long without a view or fresh air at work), and the room steams up and stinks up fast.  Now that fall has arrived, by the time I get home after work, it’s too late to go outside and enjoy the waning daylight because it is pretty much gone.

These nice days?  Torture.  Sheer torture.

If I were still on break, it would be great.  If it were the weekend, I’d be ecstatic.  If outside stayed light later than 6:00 p.m., life would still be carefree.

Right now, though?  Right now I am bloody bored with sticky armpits at work.  Sweat from anything that isn’t a hot flash or a gym workout is unacceptable.  Summer is over.  Kaput.  Done.  In the rearview mirror. 

Please, please, please bring on the cool air and the crisp breezes.  Summer is so passe.

I already have my Halloween decorations up at work, including the bloody arm with a sign pinned to it that says “HAND in your homework.”  The animated witch is out.  The Purple People Eater that sings and dances now graces the top of my file cabinet.

Autumn.  I’m impatiently waiting for autumn to kick in.  Waiting, waiting, waiting while I sit in front of fans at work, desperately trying not to sweat out of my own skin.  After all …

I am sick and quite tired of being sweaty from the warm temperatures.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to shower off the day’s humidity.