Monday, October 27, 2014

NOTE TO SELF



I have to stop bringing work home with me.  I missed Sunday writing up an exam.   It didn’t help that I slept late Sunday morning. 

My house that was clean less than two weeks ago looks once again like a bomb went off inside of it.  Papers are everywhere in piles, organized piles, but piles just the same.  Laundry is in piles, organized piles, but piles just the same.  Magazines are in piles, organized piles, but piles just the same.  Bills are in piles, organized piles, but piles just the same.  Books are in piles, organized piles, but piles just the same.

I did, however, manage to get outside several times this weekend.  It would’ve been a banner weekend, though, had I spent more time outside and less time on the computer typing.  I also shouldn’t have let the Internet distract me from my work. 

I should’ve grabbed one of those books and plopped myself right outside to read.  I should’ve gotten into my car, gone and taken more pictures of what’s left of the leaf-peeping post-Nor’easter.

I’ll make a deal with Mother Nature:  Give me a few good days this week, and I’ll try to use them wisely after work but before sunset.  After all, next weekend we fall back, and life starts to get dark at 4:00 p.m.  I don’t have a whole lot of time left to enjoy the patio before I have to start raking and shoveling it.

Note to self: Bring less work home; go through piles of stuff; clean the house; sit on the patio.

Not necessarily in that order, either.