Monday, October 20, 2014

PAJAMA DAY



I’ve stayed in last night’s pajamas all day long.  That’s right, I am too lazy to get dressed.  I’m going to shower, put on clean pajamas, and call it a night.

Sounds pathetic, doesn’t it?

Unfortunately, the reason that I never get out of my pajamas today is because I’m been busy all damn day.  I do three loads of laundry, sort through a mountain of paperwork, organize some early Christmas gifts I’ve put aside, load some lacrosse pictures to the website, unload the dishwasher, and I spend hours and hours working on educator evaluation paperwork for my district and for the state.  This is the same paperwork that I spent seventeen straight hours on a few weekends ago.  I finally finish it all.  Well, it’s finished until it bounces back to me for revisions.

I don’t even have time to go to the store and get food (would mean getting dressed).  Thank goodness the grill masters at yesterday’s barbecue sent me home with some leftover grilled chicken and sausage.  I manage to microwave some quick dinner in between the thousand things I’m trying to get done today.

You want to know what would be really great, though?  It would be great to spend a day in my pajamas because I’ve no real reason to get out of them.  I don’t want a day where I’m too busy to get dressed and go out; I want a day where I stay in my pajamas because I’m reading a book, or watching television, or eating bonbons.

Actually, I totally lie. 

I do go outside.  I go outside to drag in the palm tree plant I have outside.  Poor thing has been living out in the cold.  I left the flower pots and the buckets with tall, wild grass outside, but the palm I want to save, if I can.  So the neighbors, if they’re looking, see me outside in my flannel pajamas pants and my beat-up green pajama shirt and my comfy pink slippers, dragging and lifting and pulling and groaning trying to hoist that heavy sucker up the steps and into the house.

I still have bills to pay and a few more things to do, but the chores are nearly done, and I’ve almost made up the beds with clean sheets after having company last weekend.  I’m almost ready to shower and climb into fresh pajamas.

Such a shame tomorrow is Monday.  Guess I’ll have to actually get into regular clothes again.  Bah.