Wednesday, October 29, 2014

POLLY TIX



Elections.
Damn, I know they’re important,
But I wish …
Oh, how I wish …
That political ads were illegal. 
Life would be so much better
Without the constant reminder that
Our cities and our states and our country
Are all being run by crooks and
Liars.
It’s to the point where I am afraid
To turn on the television
To turn on the radio
To open a newspaper
To get my mail
To answer my phone.
Listen, people,
The more you force me to recycle
Your stupid, ignorant pabulum,
The less I’m willing to vote for you.
You and your campaign are wasteful.
I don’t like wasteful.
So I see who you are, and then
I decide I hate you.
I hate your smear campaigns
Because smear makes me think of pap,
So now you’re just another tool of discomfort.
If your only argument for yourself
Is against someone else,
I deem you a moron,
An idiot,
A charlatan.
Political ads should be illegal.
You want to make an impression on me?
Make yourself visible,
Approachable,
Human.
Otherwise, get the fuck off my television,
Get the fuck off my radio,
Get the fuck out of the newspapers,
Get the fuck out of my mailbox,
And don’t ever, ever, ever fucking
Call me by robo-dial or by proxy.
Elections may be important,
But they’ve become entertainment,
Like the Side Show, the
Freak Show.
Don’t tell me how to vote.
Get out there and show me you’re worthy.
Otherwise,
Shut … the … fuck … up … already.