Saturday, October 11, 2014

INTERNET BASTARDS




I’m going to a lacrosse tournament this weekend.  All I need to do is buy and print out the ticket via the internet.  I’ve done this before, two or three times for this same tournament over the last few years, and I’ve never had an issue.

Until now.

No matter what I do. I cannot get past the “order review” screen.  At first, it is frustrating.  Then I wonder how many tickets I’m actually buying since I keep “logging in” over and over again while my credit card info just sits there on the screen.  It won’t let me log out, either, so my info and I are stuck together in cyber-Limbo.  

It’s no longer frustrating.  Now it’s just pissing me off.

There’s a phone number.  I’ll have to call it tomorrow, but it doesn’t get me the ticket (nor the parking pass) that I need NOW.  I shouldn’t have left it until the day before I am supposed to be there, but I figured it would be a no-brainer.

Fucking technology.  Fucking website designers.  Fucking internet ticket hacks.

Guess I’ll be taking the shuttle bus from the remote lot again and hoping they take my money when I get there.  Way to run a website, you bastards.

I get the last laugh, though.  I won’t have to pay the processing fee or the taxes on the ticket now.  If only I could solve the idiocy of setting up port-a-potties along the incline so everything leans downhill (and all the shit literally spills out of the catch-bin), this might be a successful day.

Anyway, I truly hope I’m going to a lacrosse tournament this weekend.  Right now, it looks like I might be driving to Braintree for a whole lot of headaches.