Saturday, October 4, 2014

CHAOS REMAINS



I have to clean my house.

I don’t really want to do it, yet I desperately want it done.  It’s not the cleaning part that gets me – it’s the amazing piles of paperwork still hanging around post-thesis.  This is after I’ve already shredded several bags’ worth of documents.  Even after the purge, it’s bad-ass frigging scary how much there is still left to go through.

After the paperwork, there are boxes and boxes of family photos and documents that have come into my possession, passed to me from parents, grandparents, and beyond.  History sits in those cardboard cells, waiting to be liberated and shared on the Internet with other relatives.

I might actually get some of it done since I brought home zero correcting this weekend.  Of course, I spent all Friday afternoon and evening getting one of the cars running again.  And then there’s lacrosse all day Sunday.  All day.

That leaves Saturday.  Saturday to clean the house.

Quick, someone give me something fun to do Saturday that doesn’t involve filing, nor a broom, mop, dust cloth, or scrub brush.

Hey, I think there’s a grand tasting of wines Saturday afternoon at the store down the street, and there’s a smaller wine tasting a few miles north.  And it’s my daughter’s birthday, too.  Oh, and I have to bake and cook for lacrosse on Sunday, and get the camera ready with the memory card and fresh batteries.  And do laundry.  And empty the dishwasher.  And maybe rearrange my shoes.

Hmmmm. 

So the dust, papers, photos, and chaos remain.  Better luck next time, house.

(Insert evil laughter here.)