Monday, November 30, 2015

WELCOME BACK, CHRISTMAS

Christmas is up.  I repeat:  Christmas is up! I mean, Christmas is up around my house. 

Last year I just wasn't into it, and Christmas ended up being only the living room.  This year, every room downstairs has a touch of Christmas, and Christmas is starting to crawl up the stairs, as well.  There's garland over every doorway, candles in every room, and decorations (and toys) in most of the corners.  Even the bathroom got tagged this year.

For some reason, though, one of my favorite decorations often stays inside its box.  Some years I take it out and some years I don't.  Mostly it's a pain in the ass to set up, and I usually don't have a spot for it that's convenient.  This year is different, though.  I staked out a spot (and electrical outlet) for this decoration weeks ago. 

(I know - mallet placement looks sketch.  Work with me.)
Today is its day. I am pleased to report that the Santa Band is officially in season.

Despite tangled cords and years of abuse and neglect, the Santa chimers still ring their miniature bells and produce decent music.  I haven't played all twenty-four of their songs yet, as it would've driven my youngest crazy today, so I'll wait until he's not home and have at it.  I'll let Santa and his band mates ring in the holiday season in jingle bell style.

Welcome back, Christmas.  I missed you.