Tuesday, November 17, 2015

SUMMER IS OVER FOR REAL

Summer is officially over.

Oh, don't tell me it ended in September.  I didn't want to hear it then, and I don't want to hear it now.  I finally pulled the air conditioners out of the windows on Saturday, and Sunday the ultimate end of summer happens.

I put away the kayaks. 

So depressing.  I mean, sure, I can kayak until the ponds freeze over, if I want to, but I don't have the neoprene booties or anything like that.  I tend to kayak alone, too, which probably isn't a bright idea when the weather starts to turn.

So, I sweep out all the dryer bunnies from under the cellar stairs and tuck both kayaks, all four halves, neatly under the stairs.  They fit as perfectly as they do into the back of my car.

Goodbye, summer; this time, it's for real.  See you soon.  Until then, I'll peek at my kayaks every time I do laundry and dream about being out on the open water once again.