Saturday, November 7, 2015

SAVE MY NOSTRILS


Yesterday I wrote about being exhausted.  Today I am suffering through a lot of pressure in my sinuses.  Why is this happening to me?

Autumn. Yes, that's it -- autumn.

For some reason, autumn is taking its time this year, and, not that I mind really, but the trees should be done.  The leaves should be down, raked, and put away somewhere. 

But still.  It's beautiful.

 This is one of the longest fall seasons that I can remember in many years, and it's gorgeous with the sudden pops of color along the road this late in the season.  Just when I think the trees are bare, I round a corner and .. BOOM .. magnificent color.

And yet, part of me is done.  Part of me wants snow to come in and save my sinuses.  The longer the trees keep going, the longer the pollen/ragweed hangs around.  It's hilarious when I start sneezing uncontrollably and with such force that even the students are scared of me.  Perhaps my brains will shoot out of my nose one of these times and really give them all a thrill.

Come on, snow -- Save my nostrils and my eyes and my ears and my head.  I'm so ready.