Tuesday, November 3, 2015

BRING ON THE LIGHT THERAPY



How great is it to see sunlight and blue skies this morning?  Finally, driving to work and it’s not pitch-black dark outside.  It’s a fantastic feeling. 

Oh, wait.  Shit, no, it’s not.  You see, now that it’s light out early in the morning, the road construction crew is already blocking my access to work.  Crap.  I wish it were still dark out so I could have the open road to myself.

Okay, so this afternoon, when I get out of work, I have to run to the grocery store to get some stuff that I need and to make an oriental-inspired slaw for the staff lunch we’re having tomorrow.  I’m only in the store for about forty minutes.  When I arrive in the parking lot, the sun is slanted in the sky but still shining. 

When I exit the store, the sun is well into its setting phase.  Shit.  Damnit.  By the time I finish unpacking the bags at home, they sky darkens to the point where I’ll need the patio lights on to see the recycle bins for the rinsed-out cans from making dinner.  It’s dark by 5:30.  It has been a beautiful day … and I basically missed it.

I forgot what season it truly is:  Seasonal Affective Disorder Season!  Bring on the light therapy; I think I’m going to need it.