Monday, November 9, 2015

SOMETIMES I HATE MY LIFE

Sometimes I hate my life. 

This weekend -- gorgeous weather.  I get to enjoy some of it Saturday when I go galumphing about with my youngest through the back roads of Framingham, and also when I take myself out to socialize at two wine tastings.  (Truly it's more about practicing talking to strangers than it is about the wine.  Okay, so it's all about the wine, but I am expanding my social skills at least until they dissolve into a full goblet.)

Sunday, though, if only I didn't have so much to do.  I fall asleep at the table both Friday and Saturday nights correcting papers.  Grades close this weekend, and I have to get so much done.  In addition to closing grades, I have to write a paper for my class, and this isn't any ordinary paper; it's another stupid, unclear, graded, semi-coherent assignment for a class I'll probably never really use. 

In other words, Sunday is completely wasted on frivolous, useless, meaningless, boring bull-tickey.

This is how bad Sunday is: I am sitting less than two feet from the television near my computer, and I've barely seen any of the game.  Not that it matters too much since I doubt Washington will catch up, but that's not the point.

I am missing being a spectator at a judo tournament.  I am missing a family dinner at my daughter's in-laws' house.  I am missing a chance to call a pal and go grocery shopping together so we can make fun of people and run them down with our shopping carts.  I still don't get my filthy house cleaned.  I still have to get the air conditioners out of the windows (an absolute MUST today).

I do get the grades done and sent.  I do get the paper done and submitted.  I'm done, right?  I'm all caught up, right?  Nope.  Shitolsky.  I forgot about the 30+ pages of reading I have to accomplish this evening.

Yup, even you can see it now, can't you.  My life sucks right now.  Sometime I hate my life.  Luckily, there's wine.