Tuesday, November 24, 2015

MEETING, SHMEETING

So ... I got up and walked out of a meeting the other day.

I mean, I'd already missed planning time because of it, and then the school day ended, so I waited a full minute past the last bell, stood up, and announced I was leaving.  My teammate came with me.

Today I am told that I am not allowed to leave a meeting until I've asked permission, regardless of how long it runs or overruns. 

I have to be "excused."

Um.  No.  As a matter of fact, FUCK NO.

When my work day is over, the meeting is over, at least for me.  When 100 other children suffer because someone doesn't know how to run an efficient meeting, I would say that's not progress.  That's not logic.  That's not even sanity. 

You know how many sick days I have accumulated?  You know what will happen if someone wants to play this game with me?

No, really. 

Try it.

I dare you.

GAME ON.