Friday, November 13, 2015

CLEANING THE HOUSE ... OR NOT

One of these days I'm going to clean my house.  No, really, I swear I am.

I have been getting sidetracked with all the minutiae at work and with this nearly-useless class I am taking.  It seems like every time I turn around, someone else is telling me I'm stupid.  I have four degrees under my belt, but apparently that doesn't qualify me for anything more than saying, "Yes, ma'am" and "Yes, sir" at appropriate intervals.

Maybe I should be a fast-food worker and make $15 an hour.

Look, to the idiots who even remotely think this plan will work:  I am sorry you cannot afford a living wage, but ... guess what.  I have four degrees (did I mention that earlier?) and I cannot afford to live, either.  I don't own my home, and if my rent goes up (thank God for decent landlords), I'll be living in a tent or taking turns sleeping on all-y'all's couches.

But, still.  Being too busy at work and worrying about the threat of eviction are all extremes.  What I really am doing is formulating more reasons why my house still isn't clean.  I had to do laundry (which is stacked on the couch), I had to run the dishes (which are still in the dishwasher), I had to print out more readings for school (which I still haven't read), I had and still do have a massive headache, I'm tired (and dozed off several times in a meeting today), I'm overworked and underpaid.

Okay, I'm lazy.  You satisfied?  I'm too lazy to clean my house.  One of these days, I won't be lazy anymore. But, until then, I guess the dust bunnies and I will have to learn to live with each other.