Monday, November 23, 2015

JUNK AND MORE JUNK

I need a junk collector. Well, soon I will.  I'm about 75% of the way there.

Today I deposit several appliances outside on my patio because I'll be damned if they're going back into the basement just to come back up to the garbage.  Screw it.  If it snows before I can be rid of the shit, then it snows on the pile of junk outside.

I have three air conditioners and two dehumidifiers in the pile right now.

Relax.  I make sure the patio cement is safe from rusty appliance stains.  I fold over an old plastic tablecloth that used to be a paint tarp, and I spread it under the appliances.  Then, I stack the air conditioners right on top of one another and roll the dehumidifiers into place alongside the tower of a/c units.  I cover this whole thing with another tablecloth/tarp and weigh everything down with bricks.

It should suffice until I finish cleaning out the basement, right?  Thank goodness I'm not a hoarder.  Okay, thank goodness I am not a major-league hoarder.  Maybe it's a good thing this place lacks closets.

Of course, because I haul everything outside, it just has to rain.  Oh, well.  The stuff is protected from the elements.  Besides, it's all going to the junk collector.  Well, soon it will.  As I said, I'm about 75% there.