Saturday, April 11, 2015

THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS...

Before wine tasting ...

ME:  Oh, excellent!  There's a wine tasting tonight!

COWORKER:  Do you go to those by yourself?

ME:  Sure.  I make friends wherever I go.


During the wine tasting ...

ME:  Hmmm. I can't decide between the pinot grigio and the chianti.  May I have more of everything?

WINE GUY:   Certainly.  Let me refill your glass over and over.

OTHER PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW:  Pick me!  I want the wine guy to keep refilling my glass to the top, too!  Oh, Heliand, you must be a wine expert.  All hail Heliand!


After the wine tasting ....

STRANGE COUPLE I'VE NEVER MET BEFORE:  May we have your name and email address?

ME:  Why, of course.  This sounds like a perfectly harmless activity.



On the way home ...

ME:   Holy crap, I hope I don't get pulled over.




Lesson Learned... A Math Problem From The PARCC Exam...

NEVER go to wine tastings with Heliand.  Ever.  Never.  Bad things might happen.  By the way, if the wine tasting ends at 7:30, why is Heliand still there at 8:00 if she arrived at 5:20?  And why does Heliand have an invitation to the wedding of a woman she has never met? 


The Moral of the Story ...

Chianti tastes better with meatballs.


Happy Saturday, kids.  Enjoy!