Friday, April 10, 2015

POST-NATIONAL GIN AND TONIC DAY

By the time I post this, it will be officially four hours past National Gin and Tonic Day. 

Don't worry about me.  I didn't miss it. 

Gin and tonic is a great summer drink, and this winter and spring I've found myself gravitating more and more toward ordering it when out and mixing it when in.  I'm ready for summer.

No, it's not the weather that's getting me down.  I actually enjoyed Tuesday's mini-snowstorm.  It's April, people; it's still going to snow ... maybe even a lot.  It's possible.  I've seen it happen before.

I need sleep.  I need to be home long enough to go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up at a reasonable hour.  For me, the ultimate schedule break is my (unpaid) summer, so my brain has already gone there.

Apparently, someone else felt exactly the same way.  How do I know this?

I didn't invent National Gin and Tonic Day ... but somebody did, somebody equally ready for a break, somebody longing for sand in toes, somebody as mentally exhausted as am I.

Somebody who is probably a teacher.

Happy belated National Gin and Tonic Day.  We've earned it.