Saturday, April 18, 2015

MILAGRO STRIKES AGAIN

My daughter and I are in New York --Long Island, to be exact.  She drives,  an excellent job, considering the trip takes an hour longer than expected (and hoped).  When we show up at the hotel, we are greeted by friends banging on the windows.

Within mere short hours we are plied with food, alcohol, and lots of comaraderie.

This is the near-end of lacrosse season. The true-end is near -- a mere week away, for me, anyway.  The homemade lemonciello and the Milagro tequila, combined with the full day of work before I could get on the road, make us lazy and tired.  The last time I drank Milagro tequila, I awoke in an alternate universe.

Tonight is no different.

Maybe this is the way the season ends. Long Island will soon be a (fuzzy) memory.  This whole season will soon be a (fuzzy) memory.

The banging on the window will remain -- an excellent greeting to a sentimental end.  Thank you.  It has been a great run.