Thursday, April 23, 2015

BIG FAT PAPER-BASED BOMB



My house looks like a bomb went off in it --- a big, fat, paper-based bomb.  I am putting together my educator evaluation portfolio, and there are colored folders and papers every damn where.

Look, folks, how can compiling more useless paperwork make me a better teacher?  Right now all it’s doing is making me a wicked pissed off teacher.  Seriously.  If there are already multiple copies of all of my observation reports hanging around the school filing cabinets, why on earth do I need to create a binder with more copies of these reports?

But, I am, for the most part anyway, a rule follower.  The state says make a frigging portfolio, so I’ll make a frigging portfolio.  Just know that it’s going to be an angry portfolio, full of offensive colors and curt explanations and maybe even repetitive documents. 

In the meantime, someone send Guy Montag.  I’ve got a lot of paper here, and I suspect there’s only one option out of this mess.