Friday, April 24, 2015

BACK ON TV

I am almost done compiling the paperwork for my portfolio.  It has taken way too much of my April break, and I only have myself to blame.  I'd prepped the folders, but I hadn't actually put anything into those folders. 

So tonight ... tonight I will not sleep until it is done. 

I decide to switch on the television as noise in the background.  What I discover is that the comedies being broadcast on TV simply are not funny.  Nope.  I can't even tell you what I listen to and semi-watch.  Something not funny, something not funnier, something not even funny, and something still not funny. 

I switch the channel because the canned laughter is driving me nuts.  Blah blah house hunting blah lake front complain complain complain hate the kitchen so let's move to rural Malaysia where the potty is a hole in the floor.  Gypsies living in trailers buying zillion dollar wedding dresses.  (What the hell are gypsies doing in America, and where are their violins?)  Law and Order.  Law and Order SVU.  Law and Order CSI.  Law and Order SOS.  Law and Order Green Eggs and Ham.

Holy crap, I have a hundred channels of nothingness.  It's like my television is dry heaving.

I see a news feed for Grey's (Gray's?) Anatomy.  Apparently, someone gets killed off for not getting a CT scan.  I didn't even know that show was still on television.  I thought the show itself got killed off years ago.  Not that it matters because I've only seen it once.  Then a commercial comes on for Under the Dome.  Really?  I heard that show sucked.  Why is it back on TV?

Why am I back on TV? 

Off, TV, off!