Sunday, February 1, 2015

GO, PATRIOTS!

I know, I know.  Change the background to cheer on the New England Patriots, and people will believe the blog cursed the team.

Well, so be it.  Blame the blog.

Don't blame Deflategate or the media or Tom Brady's bout with the flu. Blame the fact that the blog feels overly confident.

I'll be showing my colors today.  I'll be decking out in red, white, and blue.  I'll be wearing a Pats jersey.
I'll don color-coordinated earrings and the red, white, and blue bracelet my mini-me pal at work made for me.

I am going to watch the game, but I'm glad I'm not there.  When I go to pro games, I'm always worried I'll miss something important in the line to the bathroom or the beer line.  At home, I can time the kitchen snack and drink runs with the long commercial breaks.  I don't care about half-time.  I don't even know who's performing.  That part of it means nothing to me.

I care about the sport. I care about fair play.  Let's have a clean game, a decent game, and for the love of all things sane, please, please, please do not allow the idiot officials to decide the outcome.

Come on, boys.  Come out pumped, come out ready, come out focused.  Come out and beat the shit out of the media and the haters and the naysayers.  I am sick to the gills with this bullshit about deflated footballs.

Play the damn game.  Play to win.

Let's go, New England.  Let's go, Patriots.

Kick Super Bowl ass.