Monday, February 2, 2015

WAY TO GO

I'm going to leave the Patriots background up for one more day here at the blog.  I want to wallow in championship mode for 24 hours.

I'll admit there were times I just couldn't watch the game.  Parts of it were painful.  Parts of it were unbelievable.  Parts of it were frustrating.  Parts of it were amazing.  And I mean this from both teams' points of view.

It almost seemed like a regular season game:  Major mistakes on both ends of the field.  Sloppy play.  Poor calls.  On any other Sunday, I'd be brushing it off as a throwback to the Boston Patriots of old.  The difficulty comes in watching this all, being an arm-chair sideline coach during the moment of the year when it matters more than ever before.

In the end, the Patriots were better, ARE better, than all of the rest.  Some of it was talent and some of it was sheer, crazy-ass, unpredictable luck.  That's the kind of team they are.

So, we will all wallow in it for a day, and then I won't wallow in it any longer.  Seattle played as well as we did, and my Seattle-area friends know, I'm not one to yell about it "in your face" (unless it's politics -- then all bets are off).

Way to go, Pats.  Way to go.