Friday, February 27, 2015

RIPPED OFF, RECYCLE BINS, AND A FOUL-MOUTHED RANT

Just another update on the impending arrival of spring here in New England.

First of all, I ordered a set of 25" women's snowshoes with poles and gaiters.  Box arrived today.  Opened it -- 36" men's snowshoes, no poles, no gaiters, totally ripped off by skis.com.  Flipped out, left a nasty, swear-laden phone message, wrote nasty "You ripped me off" messages all over return paperwork, wrote nasty comments in the amazon.com return section online, repackaged the damn shit, and will drop it at UPS store tomorrow -- more postage and handling charges for me.  To say I am fucking livid would be an understatement.

Secondly, the snowbank has melted back enough that my recycle bin is slightly visible.  This makes me happy and I don't have to swear about that at all, and I don't feel ripped off about this.  To say I am excited about the snow disappearing would also be an understatement.

Third, my trash cans remain lost under a thick blanket of snow and ice.  I don't care, and to imply that I remotely care about my trash cans at this point would be an overstatement.

That's all the spring news that's fit to print at this point.  Stay tuned for more snowshoe-return saga and the unearthing of the recycle bins and trash cans as these events happen.  I fully expect my swear-filled rant will get me the worst possible customer service ever.  Probably never see my $180 again, snow or no snow, melting or no melting. I'll let you know if anyone dares to call me back with an explanation.