Wednesday, February 18, 2015

DON'T JUMP!



It’s official.

The mayor of Boston has ordered us not to jump out windows into the snow … anymore.  He is afraid we will all be impaled on fallen icicles, and he has ordered us all to cut it the hell out.

Doesn’t he know this is the only fun we can have?  Seriously.  We can’t pahk ah cahs anywhere because the streets are not plowed properly nor completely.  The stupid public transportation system has come to a standstill (even the head of the MBTA cut bait and ran the other day).  All this and the kiddos are on February break from school.

What in the hell is there left to do?  Even people who don’t want to jump out windows into the snow are ready to just plain jump out windows.  It’s frigging insane up here.

Just to be clear, I probably won’t be jumping out of my windows because I’ve shoveled under most of the second story ones, so it would be a hard and sudden stop.  As for the first story windows, they are covered in snow, so I won’t be jumping out of those windows, but I might tunnel free of them.  The mayor of Boston doesn’t have to worry about me being “a knucklehead and diving into the snow.”  I won’t have any monstrous ice daggers sticking out of my … kidneys … or whatever he was implying by his risqué innuendo.

The mayor can also relax since I don’t live within city limits.  This means that I am free, free, free from Bostonian regulations “to kill” myself if I so choose by jumping into the snow.  To blazes with whatever the mayor thinks, right?  He’s a party-pooper, the Grinch, and Cruella DeVille all rolled into one.

Relax, Mayor; take a chill pill; have some fun.  Open up a window and jump.  Seriously, dude: It’s only snow.