Friday, January 2, 2015

THANKS


As I mentioned briefly in the New Year's Day blog -- Someone shared a post on Facebook that has a picture of a jar, and inside the jar every day I am supposed to write one positive thing, one blessing, one gift … It’s called a “Grateful Jar.”  I think this is an excellent idea, except I’m not sure how I’m going to fit 365 scraps of paper organized inside a jar. 

I decide to take an old composition notebook that is partially decorated and turn this into My Grateful Journal.  This way at the end of the year, my blessings will read chronologically like an entire year-long retrospective.

I’ve started organizing the basement, and, by organizing, I mean bringing games and stuff up to the den (baskets) and the cellar landing (shelves) so the stuff is accessible and no longer dusty.  In addition to finding games and puzzles and all kinds of things I’d completely forgotten about, I find a whole slew of art supplies.  I have more colored pencils than a professional illustrator, and I’ve already started using them … again.

So, today I am grateful for being a bit of a pack-rat – for having an old journal and for having colored pencils and for having a bunch of magic markers that still work.  I’m grateful for having something to write about every single day.

I’m grateful for people who are interested enough in what I have to say to actually read my blog.  I’d still write it without you, but it wouldn’t be much fun without the commentary and feedback.

So … thanks.  I don’t believe I say that nearly enough.