Sunday, January 18, 2015

CHRISTMAS IS DOWN



Christmas is down.  I repeat – The Christmas stuff has finally been dismantled and packed away.

I’m a little sad about it, but I am so ready to have my living room back it’s not even remotely funny.  It took longer than I expected to take everything down, though.  I kept getting sidetracked by anything and everything.  I had to repack some things into new boxes, too.

But, it’s all good.  Christmas is safely tucked away in its new spot in the freshly cleaned-out shelf area of my basement.  Well, not all of it went so safely.  Unfortunately, I broke a glass icicle ornament.  Yup, one more soldier down in the Christmas battle.  At least it wasn’t one of the antique ornaments.

I like seeing the houses still all lit up with candles in the windows and lights in front decorating the bushes and trees.  Several houses are still all lit up in the dark early mornings of my commute.  I’m wondering, though, if those people packed up Christmas this weekend like I did.  That will make me much sadder than seeing my own decorations come down.

Oh well.  Two months until spring, five months until summer, and eight months until the Christmas stuff migrates back upstairs from the basement. 

Christmas may be down … but it’s not forgotten.