Saturday, January 10, 2015

SO SHOCKING!



Friday is National Static Electricity Day.

With the weather blanketing the northeast, the timing could not be more perfect.  It’s cold, it’s dry, and it’s windy.  Everything is charged up with natural electricity, including the air, my hair, and my clothing.

Since the temperature dropped on Thursday, I manage the following weather-related injuries:

·         index finger splits while buttoning my pants (skin too dry)
·         I zap myself with a decent-sized shock when turning on my school computer  (same finger)
·         I shock myself numerous times with my sweater and/or fleece … neither is beneficial
·         A long surge of sparks shoots from the file cabinet lock when my finger, the key, and the lock tumbler make connectivity
·         I touch the metal grate over the classroom heater and shock myself so completely that my co-teacher can hear it across the room

I am going to try and make it into the flannel bed sheets without shocking myself into oblivion.  If I don’t add to the blog tomorrow, consider that I may be nothing more than a pile of dust on a chair, zapped into winter’s obscurity (ironically enough) on National Static Electricity Day.