Friday, December 26, 2014

THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS



‘Twas the day after Christmas
And all through the home
I am finally relieved
For a moment alone.

The stores are all having
Their post-Christmas sales,
Plus all the returns for
The gifts that were fails.

Back to reality
The post-Christmas calm
But my house looks a little
Like it got hit by a bomb

And the leftovers
Wrapped up, packed away,
End up on my hips.
(What the heck do I weigh?!)

This brief little down-time
Will not last too long;
It’s time for a list
Of all I do wrong

So I can pretend to make
Some resolutions -
As if 2015 has
Magic solutions.

I’d like to lose ten pounds,
Or fifteen, or twenty,
But I am too lazy;
I like my chair plenty.

I’ve got five more days
Too try and be good,
To plan out my life
The way that I should.

At my age I’m lucky,
And luck will be taken –
I consider it lucky
If daily I waken.

So folks, it’s that time –
That holiday lull –
When all our bad habits
Are voided and null.

Enjoy this quick break
With no stress and no fear
Because in a few days
It will be the New Year.

Here’s to some planning
Xmas holiday –
I’m going to start shopping
GET OUT OF MY WAY!

We all will exclaim
As the old year does pass:
“Next Christmas will NOT
Bite me right in the ass!”