Tuesday, December 2, 2014

HITTING THE WALL

Holy smokes.
I hit the wall today.
No, I don't just hit it -
I slam into it.
Head on;
Face first.
     BAM.
Someone says to me,
"How can you have so much energy
This late in the day?"
She was mistaken;
I am simply play-acting,
Faking because I am dancing
As fast as I can:
I'm en pointe,
Constantly en pointe.
I have so many plans for today -
     SPLAT.
All of them,
All those plans,
Right against the wall.
It's seven o'clock...
Seven-freaking-o'clock ...
And I'm snoozing.
I have a headache and feel
     BLAH
Oh dear gawd
     NOT
          THE
               FLU
I think it is just the wall
And not just any wall but
     THE
          WALL.
I'm going to bed.
Don't call me.
Don't text me.
My battered body and mind
Will not be catching any of
The Bruins game later tonight.
Hopefully this is just the
Post-Thanksgiving / Pre-Christmas
     CRASH.
If anybody needs me,
I'll be crumpled at the base
Of the wall I hit
The moment I walked through my door
After work.