Saturday, December 27, 2014

PLOP PLOP FIZZ FIZZ



I like getting phone calls from anonymous, unsolicited callers.

No, not those kinds of anonymous callers. 

The “unknown number” people, the telemarketers, the people who won’t stop calling even when I threaten legal action.  (A person recently won over a million dollars after telemarketers were charged $1,500 per each unsolicited phone call.) 

So, I’ve started a new tactic. 

When I see “unknown caller,” I answer the phone cheerily.  “Why … HELLOOOOOOOOO!”  Then, I put down the phone receiver and walk away, resuming whatever it was I happened to be doing before I was interrupted by the unknown moron.

Tonight when I answer the phone, I am in the middle of mixing up a frozen margarita.  I’ve started cleaning the basement, and I earned a refreshing reward for all of my hard work battling cobwebs and dirt and dryer lint and dust bunnies the size of, well, bunnies.  So, I answer the phone, put the receiver down on the kitchen table, and resume what I am doing.

I’m no longer at the blending part; I’m at the pouring part.  The sound the margarita makes going into the cup is kind of a whoosh-plop sound, followed quickly by the faucet turning on to rinse out the glass part of the blender. 

I realize, to my sinister delight, that it must sound to the caller like I am in the bathroom.

Got to admit – it was the quickest unsolicited caller hang-up I’ve ever had.

It reminds me of the old Alka Seltzer commercial – Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is! 

Can’t wait until the next unsuspecting idiot phones.  (Insert evil laughter and the sound of a sloppy margarita hitting the glass here.)