Monday, December 1, 2014

DECEMBER -- THE RACE IS ON



Hard to believe December is here already.  So much to do. 

The first Sunday in Advent arrives with me completely unprepared.  I’m improvising with candle colors again this year, so the traditional all-blue or the three-purples-and-a-pink will have to give way to three whites and a purple, or whatever I can dig up to replace them.  It’s not the first time I’ve changed up the official Advent seasonal colors and it probably won’t be the last.  Of course, if Yankee Candle actually sold taper candles in multi-colors and scents, buying Advent candles wouldn’t be such a chore every year.

The shopping is started and the decorating is partially done.  The tree has been up and decorated for a week, and the boxes of additional decorations are sitting in the living room waiting to be unpacked.  I’ll get to it, I know, but time is running out.  Time always runs out this time of year.

It’s a sprint to the holidays.

I’m okay with that.  I’ve always been a sprinter not a miler.  The holidays and I will sprint together, and we’ll either make it, or we won’t. 

No matter.  It’s all over but the sweating now.  I have less than twenty-five days to put a bow on all of it and tie it together.  Take a deep breath – December really is here.  I’ll meet you at the finish line, and we’ll untie that ribbon together.