Saturday, November 15, 2014

SHE GOT LEGS




My friend is in Puerto Rico for a wedding.  Today she sends a picture of her legs and feet, stretched out in a lounge chair on a sandy beach.  She’s entitled to a little downtime, but really.  Such taunting!

So we picture-recipients do whatever normal people probably would not do – we send her back pictures of our legs and feet.

One of the science teachers snaps a picture of her sneaker-clad feet up on a chair, just lounging around her empty classroom.  I snap a picture at home while wearing some slippers, a small palm plant in the background. 

While my friend tans on the coast, it snows a little here today, so cold and so raw. 

It’s not snowing in Puerto Rico, though.  It’s sunny and warm.  My friend and her legs will be going to a wedding, and then maybe, just maybe, she’ll bring a little sun back with her.

But if she brings a Nor’easter with her for Thanksgiving, my slippered feet and the science teacher’s sneakered feet might kick my friend’s bare feet right back to Puerto Rico.

Somehow, though, I doubt my sun-worshipping friend would mind.