Friday, November 14, 2014

MY COMPUTER EATS THINGS



Sometimes my computer eats things.
It hides important files and folders that I try to save.
It is especially aggravating after I have worked on
Documents for a while,
Then I save them,
Try to reopen them,
And they’re gone.
Poof.
Vanished.
It would be nice if something,
Anything at all,
Worked the way it is supposed to.
It’s bad enough when I yell at the copy machine because
Some random asshole in the building is “remote printing,”
Which kicks my current job to the curb.
But when my superior says it “pisses (her) off,” as well,
I know the world has gone to Hell in a hand basket.
So, when my computer gets hungry and eats my work,
It aggravates the shit out of me.
Regurgitate my damn work,
You dreaded, “intelligent” piece of technology!
It’s like feeding time at the zoo --
Except that the animal screeching
Is me.