Thursday, November 27, 2014

HAPPY TURKEY DAY

I am not cooking today.  Well, not officially, but if you stop by, you'll be fed cinnamon swirl bread, pumpkin bread, banana bread, apple pie, pumpkin pie, brownies... I baked the before and after part, but I'm not making a meal this year.  I'm going out.  I'll be here most of the day, probably shoveling snow or cracking ice off the cars, but then ... come sundown ... I'm out of here, going to a restaurant.

This is a new thing for me.  The only other time I went to a restaurant on Thanksgiving was when we had to bring my incapacitated uncle Thanksgiving dinner, and the stove malfunctioned.  I think someone hit timed cook or clean or something.  Either way, we ended up at the take-out line of The Green Ridge Turkey Farm restaurant, bringing my uncle dinner, and eating as a family at home somewhere around nine or ten o'clock at night.

Good times, good times.

This year I hope it's a successful adventure.  If not, I guess I'm back to cooking next year.  It sure is tempting, though, to have someone else do the work and the clean-up.  I'll let you know how it goes, but I suspect it's going to be a major success.  Just baking sent me into a tailspin this year because work is remarkably stressful right now.  I can't even follow simple directions I'm so spent.

Oh, well.  Bring on the waitstaff!

Keeping my fingers crossed and bringing my appetite with me.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.