Thursday, March 1, 2018

SKELETOR HAND PRINT ON MY THIGH

I have a Skeletor hand print on my thigh.

It's not my fault.  It's all the fault of my stockings. My intention is to wear leggings (not stockings) to work because:  #1 - it's warm out today; and #2 - I intend to wear a dress.

First I pick a sleeve-length to be comfy all day.  Then, I decide on a dress.  After that, I choose jewelry that might match.  Once the perfect accessories are chosen, I go through the leggings.  I decide against the leggings.  Sure, sure; I could wear leggings, but then I'll need socks with the shoes to blend it all together, and the only leggings-appropriate shoes that still fit me with socks are the same ones I wore all weekend in North Carolina.

A true conundrum.

To make this an easier process, I grab the stockings.  I realize that my skin is a little dry from the nearly snow-less winter, so I head for the moisturizer.  Not only is my skin super-dry, but my heels are rough, too.  This will tear my stockings and defeat the whole purpose of my outfit, so I get out the "super-sander" (like a giant emery board) and quickly make my feet soft like butter.

I notice the time and figure I'm running late, so I am a little lax in my order of operations.  Between the Heel Fiasco and the dress with stockings that waits back in my room, I manage to touch my pajama bottoms, which are really just black yoga pants.

So, as anyone can plainly see, it is entirely not my fault that I am running late and need to bring extra stockings with me in case I rip the crap out of the ones I am wearing.  I reach down to get ready, touch my yoga pants with the hand I have not washed yet after sanding my heels, and this leaves a large, ugly white mark all over everything.

Of course, this is all the fault of the leggings.  Had everything just blended together a little more effectively, I never would've grabbed the stockings that caused the yoga pants disaster in the first place.  It's clearly a case of "I don't know why she swallowed the fly..."

And that, friends, is the story of how I got a Skeletor hand print on my thigh.