Wednesday, March 28, 2018

SUPER TROOPER GIRL

I go to bed relatively early, determined to get at least seven hours of sleep.  This is actually a fallacy since I never sleep through the night anymore.  I am up once, twice ... sometimes six times a night.  But, tonight I sleep reasonably well, even if I am awake early, about fifteen minutes before the alarm.

I am just about to get up when -- boom -- I fall back asleep.

Suddenly I am watching a large group of people wearing outfits that can best be described as 1950's state fair fancy chic.  The women wear colorful dresses with petticoats and ruffles while milling around a bandstand in a park that reminds me of something from Gilmore Girls (which, by the way, has not stood the test of time and actually sucks far worse than I ever remember when I first watched it).

All of a sudden, Zach Galifianakis struts across the "screen" of the dream along with a group of smartly dressed gents, and everyone snaps fingers and begins dancing in perfectly choreographed unison.  It's like watching a cross between Grease and West Side Story.  Someone, I don't know who, starts yelling, "Hey, they're all singing Super Trooper Girl by Brittney Spears!"  And the music continues...

I wake up when my alarm goes off minutes later, classical music on the clock radio today (sometimes the local Spanish station).  Flummoxed is a mild word for my state of mind.  First of all, I am not remotely a fan of Zach Galifianakis, and I never have nor will I ever listen to Brittney Spears music.  I fire up the computer and Google search Super Trooper Girl to see if such a song even exists; to my knowledge, it does not in any way, shape, or form, although, as I recall, the tune is rather catchy.

I have to wonder what the hell I ate last night.  Either that or I have to sleep less than seven hours so I can avoid having ear-worms of songs that don't even exist.  Still though, I suppose a bad Galifianakis-Spears musical number is better than a full-blown nightmare.

Ummmmm, it is ... right?