Tuesday, March 13, 2018

WINTER, DON'T MAKE ME HURT YOU

A touch of Spring
so close so close so close
snatched away by the screaming
Blizzard Jaws

Yes, right about now many of us are in Blizzard Shock as the third Nor'easter in two weeks smacks the steaming shit out of us.  Oh, it's not the snow or the winds or the shoveling or the loss of electricity, although the last two of that group suck big time. 

Nope, not any of these.

I actually like the snow because it makes everything look fabulous.  I'm not overly fond of the wind because it wears on my skin.  Shoveling, although I'm not a huge fan, is terrific aerobic exercise and adds to my relatively decent guns.  Loss of electricity is not so great, mainly because the heat and hot water are tied to it.  But these are not the things that put me into Blizzard Shock.

My Blizzard Shock is directly connected to Summer.  Every day that blocks me from school is a day being ripped out of my summer break.  The fact that these recent storms, or, more accurately, this series of storms, is happening later in the season only makes it more of a smack.

But ... truth be told ... I still really like the snow.  Yes, yes, I do.  It could snow until May and I'd probably be happy.  However, I would like it a lot more if it stopped infringing on my summer. 

The only way to put a stop to these shenanigans is a touch of Spring -- the little whiff of it that showed itself in between Horrible Storm #2 and this Horrible Storm #3.  Come back, Spring.  Or, at the very least, visit us Monday through Friday and let winter show its hand on the weekends, when the pressure is off.

A touch of Spring dashed,
so close so close so close
to ruining my Summer;
Winter:
Don't make me hurt you
because I will -
I totally will.