Saturday, March 31, 2018

SCAM ALERT

SCAM ALERT TO ANYONE WHO SHOPS AT CVS STORES!

CVS (the one in my town, anyway) is randomly charging people for products they do not buy.  The price appears at the end of your receipt, and the management (when called on the carpet) will tell you that it's a "computer glitch" that charges you automatically.  Granted, they will give you a refund ... IF you catch it and can prove that you did not buy the Rave 3-4-2, which is, apparently, hair spray.

Imagine, though.  What a gig.  $2.49 per customer, plus the product never moves.  That's money in the bank for CVS.  That's pure profit, $5 for every two people in their store.

The mere fact that the supervisor admitted the store KNEW that its registers were doing this makes my blood boil.  There are plenty of computer geeks working there (or related to people working there) who could go in and block the item from the register inventory.  It's plain bullshit.  I almost missed it myself, but I arrived home convinced that I had been overcharged by about $3.  (I was.)

Check the cashiers, check your receipt, and don't leave the store if there's a mistake.

Sure, sure, I only got ripped off about $1.90 after discounts but including sales tax.  And, speaking of sales tax, isn't CVS now paying state sales tax on inventory that doesn't exist?  That was NEVER sold? Isn't this some kind of fraudulent activity?

 Honestly.  I was just trying to do something nice for my invalid sister, and you schmoes have to rip me off.  Amazing.  Tactless, devious, underhanded, and probably illegal ... but amazing, just the same.  I suppose that I should be relieved that it's hair spray and not something notable, like hemorrhoid cream or adult diapers or laxatives, although those are all VERY important items; just not the items you want to be calling the managerial staff about being overcharged.

Regardless, it IS a SCAM ALERT.  Pay attention, CVS shoppers; this could happen to you, too.