Wednesday, March 7, 2018

INCOMING! I'M READY!

I'd like to apologize to my friends, colleagues, and readers who thought spring had arrived in February only to have New England winter return with several strong punches.

Wait.  No.  No, I do not want to apologize.  I want to stick my tongue out at you.  I love snow.  Snow is fabulous.  Snow is exciting.  Snow is beautiful.

It's winter, people.  Get a grip.  It can, may, and does snow (often big time) in April.  I've seen it snow in May.  This is why we live here!  It certainly can't be for the cheap rents or the low cost of living.  Winter.  W-I-N-T-E-R.  It snows.  That's what it does. 

I'm all set and ready.  I have canned goods, stuff to make on the gas stove top (thank goodness it's not an electric stove) if we lose electricity, lots of snacks, plenty of paper goods including toilet paper, pasta, the makings for meatballs, and the usual staples of milk and bread.  I also stocked up on some beer, wine, and tonic water.  Oh, and the grill has an extra full canister of propane at the ready.

My snowshoes are set to go at a moment's notice, and my gloves, mittens, scarves, and hats are all still in the baskets by the door.  The boots are at the front of the small closet, and I have a few jackets in case I soak through one or two or five of them.

Bring it.  Show me what you've got.  I went through the Blizzard of '78 and the Winter of Maximum Snow, so if you think an early March snowstorm is going to deflate my enthusiasm, you're wrong, wrong, wrong.

So, suck it, people.  This is New England.  This is winter.  This is what we do.  Get over it or avoid me because I am totally, completely, and marvelously excited for the incoming Nor'easter.  Best of all, I'm ready.