Tuesday, March 6, 2018

SNOW-MANCE: GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

Look, if it's going to snow, then, please, by all means, SNOW.  This piddly crap that isn't even enough for snowshoeing is plain annoying.

I get up this morning after a weekend of high winds and torrential downpours (followed by clearing and some sun) to about three inches of snow on my car.  Not on the streets; just on the vehicles and the grass and trees.

Oh, it's pretty, yes it is.  I stop when I can and snap pictures, like the picture of what seems to be a snow monster emerging from the windshield of my car as I drive.  I pull over at the post office and briefly consider removing the clinging pile of white stuff from my vision, but I kind of like it there.  It's like taking what's left of Frosty for a ride.

Since Frosty is blocking my wiper fluid, I have to get out from behind a truck and go the back way to work.  The views are amazing.  I drive right through the state forest, and the snow is clinging adhesively to the trees.  I stop to snap a quick picture, and I want to stop along the ponds and snap a few more, but now I have cars behind me, and there's no place to pull over near the water.

When I get to work, there's just enough snow in the parking lot landscaping to make the morning seem a little bit better, a little bit fresher.  I know this will be all melted away by this afternoon, so I grab my cell phone and take one last photo before my day starts.

I know, I know; be careful what I wish for -- another Nor'easter is on its way (two days out), promising about a foot of snow.  Remind me when I'm moaning about shoveling it all that I wished for this.  If I'm back inside from snowshoeing at that point, I might even respond to you.

Until then, spring, you're teasing me with this on-again off-again snow-mance we're having.  One of us has got to give, and I'm a reasonably strong-willed human, so good luck with that.