Monday, March 26, 2018

BITE MY ASS, WOMAN'S DAY

WARNING!  WARNING!  FOUL LANGUAGE TO FOLLOW!  COVER YOUR EYES AND EARS AND RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Woman's Day magazine and I have been battling for almost a year now.  They keep sending me invoices via snail mail and also via email, demanding payment that is overdue for my subscription to their rag.

Well, in true Heliand fashion, I paid the first invoice in full rather than pay those piddly surcharges on an extended subscription price.  I mean, I probably paid $12 at the most for the whole year.  I know this because there are only two or three magazine I'll spring a little more for, and Woman's Freaking Day is not one of them.

I have responded politely by snail mail.  I have responded politely by email.  I even phoned them.  I sent screenshots and hard copies of the check they cashed (because I still pay with paper when possible).  Then, I started getting nasty.  I wrote unhappy commentary and sad faces on both snail mail and e-mail.

(Four times by email; countless by snail mail.)
Still, these idiots harass me.

Well, here is my most recent and final email exchange with them.  Honestly, I don't give one flying fuck if I ever read this magazine again.  There are four or five magazines of the same genre that have been taking turns printing the same articles by the same writers over and over again, a practice that used to be a huge no-no in the publishing industry.  I mean, kudos to the writers, but it's damn bullshit in the real world.

So, folks, this is my last email to them before putting them into my spam folder.  Publishers of Woman's Day, you can bite my goddamn ass.