Thursday, December 1, 2016

MY BAD

This is why I love my job and also why I seriously wonder how come I still have a job at all --

(Student licks purple glue stick.)

ME:  (sharply)  Do NOT lick the glue sticks!

BOY:  (reasoning) I can if I want to.  It's MY glue stick.

ME: (reasoning back)  It's not food.

BOY:  (beaming) But it says that it's non-toxic!

ME:  (beaming back)  Just because it won't kill you, that doesn't mean it won't kill your brain cells.

(Momentary silence throughout the entire room)

BOY:  (triumphantly)  HA HA!  The joke's on you!  I don't have any brain cells!

ME:  (in my head)  No, sweetie, the joke's on YOU.

(GIRL sitting in desk near me looks at me with huge eyes and starts to laugh hysterically.)

ME:  (innocently)  Ooops.  Did I say that out loud?  My bad.