Wednesday, December 14, 2016

HOLIDAY DASH AND PRACTICING TO BE NARCOLEPTIC

In the midst of the Holiday Dash, I have finally hit the wall.  My head hurts, my back aches, and I have been fighting off a fever for a week now.  Tylenol, you are my dearest friend, but tomorrow I might have to supplement you with iced coffee.

In the maelstrom that is my life at the moment, I just want to thank people.  My blog has had over 100,000 views/hits.  I vowed when that happened, that I would seriously pick up my side career as I now have something of substance to present to an agent and/or publisher (a blog of 100,000 views is pretty frigging impressive, if I do say so myself ... pat pat pat pat...).  Thank all of YOU!!!!  You are what keeps me typing.

In the meantime, though hating to disappoint you, the wall really took it out of me today.  Just sitting in the chair to type is making my spine feel like someone is twisting me in a torture device.  I am now going to eat every damn Tylenol I can find and hope that sleep is available at some point.  If not, I'll do what I did a few times today: catch myself closing my eyes while sitting at my desk during my planning period.  (This is bad as I have been know to fall dead asleep and whack my head on things like I am practicing to become a full-fledged narcoleptic.)

Anyway, back to the mad Holiday dash because I'm still about two hours away from sleep and it's already way past my bedtime.