Sunday, December 11, 2016

PARTY PROBLEMS

It takes me over an hour to get ready for a holiday party today.

Why?

Because I discover that my several planned "festive" outfits do not fit anymore.  This is when I go to plan B to maybe wear pants and a nice shirt only to discover that the shirts I have that are not in my usual rotation (because they are "festive") are just short enough to make me look fat in my pants.

Then,  finally I find a dress, but my arm blubber shows, so I have to put on a shirt under it.  It's too cold for stockings so I opt for leggings.  Boots would be great, but when I add the boots to the look, I discover that I am channeling Zorro.  Somethings has to go -- the boots or the dress.

Well, since I have already systematically eliminated absolutely everything I own for clothing except this one outfit, apparently the boots are going, and I opt for high-heeled sandals that look a little gladiator and a lot dominatrix.

Add some sparkly earrings and a few essential pieces of jewelry (including a snowman pin) and I am ready to go.  It only takes me sixty minutes to dress myself.  On the bright side, though, I do plan to donate a whole pile of clothing to charity.