Thursday, December 22, 2016

YOU STARTED THIS, WINTER.

On the first day of winter, it is seasonably warm enough that my sweatshirt and jacket feel too heavy.  I don't mind.  With the exception of a few hours last Sunday, the weather has been dry and frigid, which means all of my fingers and toes are screaming in pain no matter how much lotion I put on them.

It doesn't help that the staff finally fixed the heat at our relatively new school.  Apparently it has not been on since the doors opened.  Well, it has trickled through on occasion, but most rooms' valves had never been turned on.  Yup, and we paid the contractors.  Imagine that.

Anyway, Thursday is the day to wear our crazy holiday clothes and ugly Christmas sweaters to work.  I think I'll opt for a Charlie Brown Christmas t-shirt.  I already fluctuate between hot and cold internally, anyway; no need for the school to kill me, as well.

I don't mind cold spells as long as they snap pretty quickly, so, please, Old Man Winter, have some mercy on us.  We are still recovering from two years ago when the year's snowfall was something like 800 feet (obvious exaggeration for those unable to detect obvious exaggeration)! 

Okay, Winter, bring it.  But just remember, as of today, YOU started this!